Vardhman College, Bijnor
Do you remember the days when we had summer break during our school time. How we spent that time when we were not allowed to move outside of the house as it was too hot outside. Yeah I am not denying the fact that we all went to our relatives’ house to stay during that time but it was just for a few days and for the rest of the time we spent at home by all the things which makes us happy. So this is the time now, do whatever which makes you felt happy.
This Quarantine period can be enjoyed by starting off with some of your desirable things. Think of those things which you used to procrastinate saying that you will do that when you will be free. See, this is the first time you were talking about then. I don’t think that we will ever get this free time in our lifetime back again. So why not make full use of it?
You can enjoy this Quarantine period by gong all these things:
- Spend time with your family, talk to them about the things which excites you, share your funny incidents with the and also listen theirs.
- Play games with your family like Cards, Carrom, Antakshri and so more! If you are not with your family, you can play some online games also. You can play online Ludo with your friends, family or colleagues.
- You can watch some online stuff like series on Netflix, Amazon prime etc. If you don’t have subscription for these, YouTube is also a nice idea. You can also watch movies.
- Call your loved ones, talk to them. Open your heart in front of those who genuinely care. This can help your soul to feel lighten and eventually makes you happy and calm.
- Try to read books! Yes, you should read books on the topics you love. If your don’t have books, don’t step your of your house to buy some. You can just download some apps which let you read wide range of books.
- Practice the things which make you feel good. In my case it is dance. Think what you like and do it.
- Make yourself stronger and more confident. Stay away from the people who make you feel stupid when do the things you like
- You can (Only if you want to) join some online classes; upgrade your skills and knowledge.
- You can do some of your household chores like helping your mom in cooking or cleaning up and sanitizing your house and your equipments.
- Meditation is one of the best things you can do right now to relieve stress and improve your well being.
- Just because you have to stay indoors doesn’t mean you can’t get started on your spring gardening. Bring the outdoors in by sprouting seeds or planting a container garden. Bonus: you can use your fresh herbs in your amazing healthy dishes you are learning to cook.
- Want to know how to say, “Quarantine stink” in five other language? Now is a great time to learn or practice a new language.
- Whipping up a produce-packed smoothie or a green juice may be too much work on a normal morning but what is normal anymore? These days it’s more important than ever to support your immune system and your waistline with plenty of fresh or frozen fruits and veggies.
Let’s use this time in an effective and efficient way. Use this time in building some good habits and take up some new habits which will help you professionally and personally.
I suggest to you not to waste this time. Do whatever you always wished to. Don’t spend this time in overt thinking.
This time will never return. Think Wisely.
Most importantly, keep washing your hands again and again, cover your mouth while sneezing, don’t step out of your home, Help the needy as far as possible, support the police and trust them. Also trust the doctors and scientists; they will soon come up with cure to this virus. Till then, stay at your home and be happy, don’t take stress.
Support the steps take to save you!